Friday, January 22, 2010

Playing Around with Pearlz

I've been playing around a lot with my new Shimmerz Pearlz, getting to know the product. I did this art journal page using Pearlz as the background. I incorporated some My Little Shoebox papers, letter stickers and overlays too.


You can see some of the details in my close-ups. While my Pearlz were drying, I spritzed them with some Shimmerz Spritz in Chickadee just to add a little more interest. I like the subtle color.


My journaling was a bit too obvious, so I toned it down with a layer of Pearlz. Now it is all pearly too. Love that!


Materials: My Little Shoebox papers, overlays and letter stickers; Shimmerz Spritz, Pearlz and Paints; Heidi Swapp crown stamp; Autumn Leaves stamps; Encore and Stazon ink pads; charcoal pencil; vintage buttons; Sharpie pen; Prima bling

3 comments:

Jocelyn said...

Oh Bethany...this is soooo very pretty...I adore your page!!!! Love how it did tone down the jouranling and made it look so soft!!!

Thanks for the great comments that you leave for me...I so appreciate them!!! Have a great weekend!!!

Juliana Michaels 17turtles said...

Everything you touch just turns to magic! Totally love the artsy feel going on here!

Anonymous said...

I just love your journaling page!Very gorgeous with the soft colors and so much to see!Great journaling and awesome details!