Monday, January 18, 2010

Home Mini-Album

My home mini-album is really a project straight from my heart. When I was preparing for this project, I culled all my bins and drawers for images, stamps, colors and bits that made me think of HOME. It was really enlightening to see what ended up in my pile: birds, eggs, flowers, hearts, children, keys. All of my favorite things.

I got the idea for this album from an article in Cloth, Paper, Scissors magazine. I can't remember the artist's name, but it was a great article. (Almost every article in that magazine is great.)

The bones of this album are pieces of cardboard that I saved from Christmas gift packaging. I adhered a piece of paper cloth to the front and back of my house. (Before I adhered the paper cloth, I sewed on it.) I did a two-part video of how to make paper cloth here.

Here is a picture of the front.


A side view. The rings that I had on hand are too small. Hence the reason why my album is pretty wide. I really need to get bigger ones, but I haven't quite gotten to the store yet.


Ever since I was a little girl, I wanted to be a momma. I wanted to have a large, boisterous, energetic family and I do. It makes me happy. (And tired, too.)


In order to do the drips on the background, hold your cardboard vertically and spray your Shimmerz Spritz in Mudpie really close. Let it run and run.


I think that I use sequin waste on every single project. I love it so much.


A close-up of the tags.


On this page, I tested out some pastels and stamps that my sweet momma gave me for my birthday.


I used a lot of GCD Studio's Artsy Urban leftovers on this page.


I combined my own writing with stamped letters on this circle page. Love how it turned out.


This rose is a piece cut out of some lace that I had in my stash. I blinged it up with Shimmerz Blingz.


I adore everything about this page.


Isn't that image so precious? It is from Crafty Secrets.


This image is also made by Crafty Secrets.


The back cover.

This project may look very complex, but it is actually a series of very simple steps. It all starts with a coat of paint, some Shimmerz Spritz and some stamps. Very doable. Really. I promise. Would you be interested in learning how I did the backgrounds? I'm considering doing a video, if there is enough interest. Let me know.

Speaking of videos, if you liked my first videos, I am sure that you will be pleased to learn that I'm working on a few more. I'll be doing video reviews for The Scrap Review, some Basics videos for Shimmerz Paints as well as a few more just because. Be on the lookout!

Also, my CHA-W faves will be on The Scrap Review tomorrow afternoon. You'll get a peek into what I'll be playing with shortly!

Happy Creating!

xoxo
Bethany

4 comments:

Marit said...

What a lovely home mini! It took me quite some time to look at all the pages, words, embellies, techniques, images.... it's so YOU (can I say that although I hardly know you? I think it's so you...!) Have a nice weekend!

Stacy said...

I lOVE this mini Bethany! And YES... PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE more VIDEOS!!!!!!! I love this and will have to try something like this very soon! Thanks for sharing!

Stacy

Unknown said...

Oh, I'm in love with this album! It's really adorable! Of course i'm interested in a video!

Loes x

Anonymous said...

THis is a SPECTACULAR project. Where did the home quote come from? Great use of the various Shimmerz products. JAMK