Friday, April 9, 2010

Queen of the Bricks

One of the best toys that Santa ever brought was a few sets of jumbo cardboard bricks. They are about 9 inches long and 4 inches wide and they support up to 200 pounds per brick. They are tough and oh so fun.

I did this layout of my sister to commemorate these cool dude bricks. I used the new All a Flutter line by My Little Shoebox because the reds matched perfectly.


Materials: My Little Shoebox papers, stickers; Maya Road ribbon; Heidi Swapp crown stamp; StazOn ink; gesso; uniball signo pen

Here's a close-up so you can see the embellishment cluster. The red felt flower was made by Pattie from My Little Shoebox. So cute!


This layout may look complicated, but it actually came together very quickly. The flowers and butterfly are so big that they take up a lot of space. A few smaller embellishments helped round out the design.

If you love My Little Shoebox products, like I do. They are having a Design Team call right now! Take a leap and try out! If you have never been on a DT before, but would like to be, I'd be happy to answer any questions that you might have. I did address DT suggestions in this post. (Keep in mind that I wrote this post 100 years ago so it is terribly out-of-date.)

As for the Artistic Mothers group. I am officially 3 weeks behind. What happened? Life. I had family in town. I've been working on projects for various Somerset calls. I am in the process of reorganizing my studio and for some reason school stuff (for the sweeties) has become almost all-encompassing. We are just very busy. I'm planning on catching up soon. Very soon. I just need to find a few seconds to sit down and create.

On a happier note, in the next few months, I will be teaching 4 different mixed-media technique classes at Scrapbooks Etc., in Mesa, AZ! You can see a brief description of my classes as well as dates and times on my sidebar. These classes are going to be a bit different than the standard class because we won't be working on one project to take home. We'll be practicing techniques that you can incorporate into your work. Hence the name: Technique Arsenal. You'll come away from my classes with new knowledge, creative spirit and super-charged to get to work! I'm really excited! If you live in the AZ area, I'd love to see you there!

Happy Creating!

xoxo
Bethany

10 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh I loveeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee that lo!!! that photo is adorable and loveeeeeeeeeeeee the flowers!!! and eeeeeeeeekkkkkkkkkkkkkk!!! U are gonna be teaching at scrapbooks etc????? YAYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!! Gotta check that out! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Unknown said...

Love the layout. All of those flowers are so happy!

That is exciting that you will be teaching at Scrapbooks Etc. Hopefully I will be able to come to one of the classes!

Unknown said...

Love, love, love the photo with the bricks. I may so have to take one as we are proud owners of the same. LOL...off to check out your tips to getting DT. I myself am terrified of rejection, so I never even have tried. sigh.

erin said...

hi bethany,
that is one of my favorite layouts you've created. just love the contrasts and all of your detail!
how exciting for you and your upcoming classes! i'll be at ce in august, so maybe i can take your class.
erin

Becky said...

Oh my goodness! I'm so excited about you teaching classes that I can hardly stand it!!! I'm off to check my calendar because you know I want to be there :)

Marit said...

That layout is beautiful Bethany!!!! LOVE those bricks, and the way you matched the colours in the pic with the embellies. GREAT! Have a happy and relaxed weekend (seems like you need a little relaxing!)

Juliana Michaels 17turtles said...

What an awesome LO Bethany!!!! The grouping of flowers is so fun!

Congrats on your teaching opportunity! They are so lucky to have you doing this! I just wish I lived closed enough to be able attend one!

Amy said...

Adorable LO! I really love that paper line. It's gorgeous! Love your embellie cluster. Those bricks look like so much fun too!

Amy said...

Oh and congrats on the teaching gig! That's so awesome!

Jess said...

Love the dimension! Such a happy LO!