Sunday, April 25, 2010

Grateful

Today my heart is filled with gratitude for my miraculous body and for answered prayers.

On Friday, I was chasing a certain someone at the park and he happened to run down a steep hill. (Without falling I might add.)


As I chased him down, a painful memory came to mind. I thought of myself only a 18 months ago unable to walk down a slight slope to participate in a post-soccer-season-pizza-party with my sweeties because my knee was to painful. I remember sitting on the top of that hill watching the festivities and crying because I felt so scared and so helpless.

As I continued to chase Quinn over a pile of rocks, (he's pretty stinking fast) I remembered that only a year ago I was terrified to walk on uneven ground and that I had to leave a Valentine's Day celebration at C's preschool because of my debilitating fear.

Today, as I kneeled at the side of the bathtub scrubbing little heads, little toes and little pits, I remembered that only 6 months ago, I couldn't kneel and I didn't believe that I'd ever be able to kneel again.

And here I am...running down hills, walking over rocks and kneeling. I'm so happy. And so proud of the progress that I've made. But most of all...

I am so grateful. So very very grateful. For the ability to heal. For the power of prayer. And for my miraculous body.

xoxo
Bethany

9 comments:

Unknown said...

what a great way to start a Sunday morning. Some heart felt gratitude for what life has to bring us. Thank you for sharing.

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

what an uplifting story bethany...loveeeeeeeeee it! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Jocelyn said...

Truly inspiring....what a way to remind us all how blessed we truly are!!! Thank you for sharing this with us today!!!

Becky said...

One of my favorite posts--love you tons, girl!

erin said...

hi bethany,
i had no idea...good for you! how inspiring.
blessings,
erin

Ciacchina said...

felice per te!

Marit said...

Your post gave me shivers down my spine... thanks for the reminder today: life is good, don't take everything for granted and enjoy the day! I will today!!!

Mandy said...

congratulations...you must have worked very hard to get so much better....xxx

sarah said...

i LOVE your positive attitude! stuff like that always makes me smile!

keep the running down hill and kneeling up! progress NEVER stops. :)

hugs,
sarah.