Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Flower Frame with Shimmerz and Petaloo

I've always loved gardening so it isn't a big surprise that I also love making flowers in my art. I purchased a metal frame from Target a few months ago because I knew that it would be gorgeous with a few flowers.

And it is...


You can see the detail in the following close-up shots.


I've created a video demonstrating how I made the flowers using Petaloo flowers and Shimmerz Spritz and Pearlz.

This technique is incredibly simple, but I'm loving the subtle results.

I hope that you enjoy it!



If you liked this video and you live in the Phoenix, AZ area, don't forget about my Technique Arsenal class on making flowers on May 22nd. It is only $35.00 and I'll show you how to make 10 different flowers (paper and fabric). It will be a fast-paced class, but it is geared toward both beginners as well as more advanced artists. (By the way, I will NOT be teaching you how to do the flowers in the video as part of the 10.)

xoxo
Bethany

8 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh bethany!! i just loveeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee this!!!!! WOW! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Trudy said...

Wow! This is just so beautiful.

Unknown said...

so beautiful. Love these flowers.

Jocelyn said...

Oh I just ADORE this!!! STUNNING!!!

Sending you smiles today Miss Bethany!!! :-)

okiedokiegma said...

I am constantly amazed at how you can take the ordinary and see and create the extraordinary. But I love your "creation" in the frame the best. LYTTTTM!

Jess said...

Stunning project! Thanks for the how-to!

Marit said...

Bethany... what a delicate flowers and beautiful colours... fabulous!

Unknown said...

These are so pretty Bethany!!
How nice to hear your voice!
Loved your layouts in Somerset Memories too!