Monday, February 8, 2010

I Will Protect You Forever

As a mother, I find it incredibly gratifying to observe the sweet relationships between my children. I'm always moved when I see them protecting and caring for each other.

The pics that I took for Protect are absolutely precious to me. I know that I'll be using them again because I love them so much.

I did this layout with Shimmerz Spritz and My Little Shoebox papers.


Materials: My Little Shoebox papers, overlays, letter stickers, chipboard letters; Bazzil cardstock; Shimmerz Spritz; rick rack; Prima bling; Sharpie pen; sequin waste

Here is a close-up so you can see the shimmer. It is gorgeous.


This layout initially was very different. I was planning on using the striped MLS paper as my background, but is just wasn't working so I simply tore out what I had done and adhered it to black cardstock. I've done this before and have been happy with the results. So, if you're struggling with your design, try tearing it out and putting it on a new background, it might just work better.

Happy Creating!

xoxo
Bethany

9 comments:

Ciacchina said...

mi piace moltissimo il contrasto con lo sfondo nero!

erin said...

oh bethany you are so creative, beautiful!

joan said...

That spritz is great. What color was that? The black background is a great idea. It lets you emphasize the pictures so well. Nice job. jk

BlessedinTexas said...

Love this, love your blog and so glad I found my way there today after you left a post on my blog. Thank you so much for stopping by and also for sharing your passion and love for your family and this hobby of scrapbooking.

Diana

Juliana Michaels 17turtles said...

WOW! love this LO! Everything about it is precious!

Peggy said...

This is so pretty Bethany, I especially like those doodled hearts you added. And I can see why you'd want to scrap these pics again, there so precious and heartwarming!
xxx Peggy

Jocelyn said...

Oh Bethany....this is just STUNNING!!! I adore all the details and the title...melts my heart!!! You did a wonderful job!!! You always inspire me!!!

Have a Fabby Day!!! :-)

Anonymous said...

This is really beautiful Bethany!I love the black background!Those photo's are gorgeous and that title is just so loving and it shows your love and warmth!!

ANAT S said...

gorgeous lo
love the black background and the shimer on it