Sunday, January 17, 2010

Grubby Angel

Because of the new release of Shimmerz Pearlz, I got a little behind last week and wasn't able to get my paper cloth projects up as planned. (You can learn how to make paper cloth right here.)

(There are some really rocking examples of Pearlz on the Shimmerz blog, by the way. You're going to want to check them out. I was totally inspired to get painting last night...)

I took the photo for Grubby Angel this summer at a family picnic. When I took the pic, all I saw was how beautiful E looked with her flushed cheeks, bright eyes and smiley face, I completely missed her runny nose and soda mustache. Later, of course I noticed those things, but I still wanted to use the picture because her eyes are so soulful. Putting in in B&W helped a bit, but not completely. So, I decided to embrace the flaws and do a page on my Grubby Angel.


Materials: My Little Shoebox papers, overlays and chipboard letters; Stamps by Stampin' Up!, Heidi Swapp, Inkadinkadoo and Fontwerks; Shimmerz Blingz in Pixie Dust and Shimmerz Spritz in Chickadee, Cotton Candy, Sea Foam; Ruby; Fashion Jewels, StazOn and Encore stamp pads, Gesso; cheesecloth, unknown manufacturers of the ribbons; Sharpie pen; Prima flower

The title is My Little Shoebox chipboard letters painted with Shimmerz Blingz. I love the chunky look.


You can see the beautiful iridescence on the paper cloth in this pic.


More Blingz on the wings. (hehehe. I'm a poet!)


I think that cheesecloth should become a staple in the scrapbooker's diet. I absolutely loved working with it. It takes color beautifully and pretty much stays in place without much glue. I love the soft, dreamy look it gives too. I'm going to be stocking up on this material. Just need to get to a fabric store.


I'm really excited that Martin Luther King Jr. day is tomorrow. The kids and I have plans to go to the Phoenix zoo and see the new Komodo dragon exhibit. I don't think I've seen a Komodo dragon in real life, have you? I'll take lots of pics so we can enjoy the exhibit together. Okay? I'm also pretty excited because Cam is a major animal lover and he is now old enough to actually get something out of a zoo visit. Can't wait!

I'm working on my blog again. What do you think?

xoxo
Bethany

4 comments:

Jocelyn said...

Just beautiful!!!! Thanks for sharing all the details with us and have fun at the zoo!!!

ANAT S said...

great lo
love all the sparkle

Marit said...

Oh my... I just noticed I wasn't a "follower" yet (I WAS... I AM... I just "follow" on my own system.) Anyway, my little pic is up there now! I love the yellow in this new bloglook! And I love your layout... have to learn how to make that papercloth soon! Have fun at the zoo Bethany!

Juliana Michaels 17turtles said...

totally love this LO! the title is perfect and I love the fun technique you used to create the background!