Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Wild Laughter

I decided to use the other side of the Luxe pattern paper from this layout on a page of my sister playing in the California surf. I love how my mom captured her energy in the photograph.


Journaling: "And these are the moments I thank God that I'm alive, And these are the moments I'll remember all my life." --Edwin McCain
Materials: Luxe pattern paper, transparencies and journaling spot; MM stamps; Heidi Swapp title letters and heart; Paper Studio chipboard; DCWV cardstock; American Crafts pen.

I placed my journaling in the middle of the swirl that somehow got bigger and bigger as I worked. To doodle the swirls, I first drew an outline with a pencil, then I just made a lot of dots. A lot of dots. Pretty easy.

Right now I'm working on some tags for a swap at Alpha Stamps. I'll post some pics when I complete them. I've never done an art swap before so I'm pretty excited. I'm also considering joining the Cloth, Paper, Scissors charm swap. I've been mulling over what to do and I haven't quite settled on an idea yet. Oh the possibilities!

3 comments:

Lucy Edson said...

That photo is so full of life! Love it and how you journaled in the scroll, great idea!

A charm swap sounds like fun. I am in a mixed media group of local ladies - we did that last year and it was fun!

Becky said...

Great layout! I love how your large swirl is reminiscent of the waves in the photo :)

Unknown said...

Perfect balance and awesome photo! I like how you put the heart on her chest in the photo. I wouldn't have thought to do that, but it really brings the red together.