Friday, July 25, 2008

Name Banners

I've had this obsession recently with name banners. I just love doing them. I made one for Z and this one for D. The light is terrible, but I think that you can still get the idea. They are simple to make and the kids love seeing their names on the wall. When D found this one, she asked if she was the queen of the day. Of course, I told her that she was.


The background paper is Bam Pop and the glitter is Making Memories self-adhesive glitter paper. The letters are Rusty Pickle.

We've been busy today with back-to-school shopping and preparations. I can't believe how much the kids need. Z, a kindergarten girl, has her entire backpack filled and 4 extra bags of supplies. D, a 2nd grader, has her backpack and 2 more bags of stuff. It was serious thinking in Target as I tried to organize myself. Luckily, it seems that I was the only mother shopping today so we had the entire aisle to ourselves.

C is still not sure that he wants to go to school and cries when we talk about it. E has decided that she is totally ready and keeps claiming various supplies as her own. Perhaps I should just drop E off at C's preschool and everyone will be happy. It should be an interesting first week, that's for sure. Thank goodness we still have a 10 days to discuss and resolve issues because right now no one is ready for this new change, especially me. I'm going to miss my sweeties.

3 comments:

Becky said...

Love your sign--I really need to get myself some of that glitter paper!

We had a LONG day of shopping as well and I am exhausted! But it was fun to buy stuff like markers, glitter, yarn, etc.

Broe said...

Love the banner! You have posted some really fun things lately. Where have I been? Anyway, I miss our scrapbook nights. I am glad to see you are doing well.

Unknown said...

My goodness bethany- you have been busy-Congratulations on the BG DT too-well deserved!!