Thursday, July 24, 2008

I've Resurfaced!

After a week off because of family vacation and serious designing time, I'm back! I missed all of you! I'll chat more about our extended weekend in Santa Fe in the next few days, but right now I'd like to share a few creations with you. (I need to process my vacation pics!)

I did these for a Scrap Friends of the Karen Foster Birthday Collection. You can read my review here. I was inspired by sketches on the So Sketchy blog for both of my creations.

I made this card for my mom's birthday this month.


Background large card: Heidi Swapp; pattern papers, cardstock stickers and loopy brad: Karen Foster Design; flowers and ribbon: MM; acrylic paint; Ranger black soot ink

As usual, I tried to test the limits of the collection by creating a non-birthday themed layout and to my surprise it worked! To make the "Happy Day!" waterfall, I simply removed "birth" from the pattern paper.

Journaling: Part of the Happy Apple graduation was the play, Don’t Eat the Teacher. Zoey played the part of one of the student fish and did a marvelous job! I was so proud of her acting. It was really fun to watch her! 5.08

Techniques: doodling, cutwork
Cardstock: Karen Foster Birthday Collection (colored) black and white cardstock is Bazzil
Pattern paper: Karen Foster Birthday Collection
Ink: Ranger black soot
Pens: Faber Castell
Ribbon: unknown manufacturer
Rub-ons: Luxe

Other: title block is Luxe, stickles; sparkle brads are Karen Foster Birthday Collection, staples

On another note, I received my very first Bad Girls kit this week and I cannot tell you how beautiful it is. There were papers in there that I just couldn't cut into. I had to leave them as is because I couldn't possibly add anything of value.

I was just amazed at 1. how much stuff you get and 2. the quality of the products. I told Wendy, the owner, that it is a good thing that I am a designer because I could very easily become a collector of Bad Girls kits if I wasn't forced to create with them. They are simply fabulous. Not only that, but they contain a lot of unexpected combinations: stuff that I wouldn't have previously considered compatible. That is probably what I enjoyed most: the element of surprise. And the stamp is one of those elements. Cari really outdid herself this month.

More news. The Luxe team just got back from a successful CHA. You can read about their adventures on the blog. Someday, I'll get there and experience it firsthand, but until then, I'll live vicariously through blog lurking. Isn't the internet wonderful?

No comments: