Wednesday, July 16, 2008

7 Years

I did another layout with my new Luxe products. For this layout, I wanted to focus on numbers so I added some vintage text with numbers on it and used the calendar Luxe paper. The background is cardboard because I needed something very heavy to stand up to the metal frames around the circle pictures.

And here are a few closeups.

It is really neat to see pictures from each year of D's life. I am amazed at how much E resembles D when she was 2. I hadn't seen that before.


And another closeup so you can see what I did with the paint. I tore the top portion off of the cardboard so that the corrugated part would show. Painted it with gesso, then painted various colors (at least 4) somewhat randomly. When I finished, I felt that the colors were a little too bright so I used a very light brown glaze over the entire thing. That seemed to tone everything down a bit.

Journaling: Danika, has it really been seven years already? Where does time go? You are growing into a sweet, loving, intelligent and wonderfully beautiful girl. My heart bursts when I think of you.

Techniques: I used cardboard for the background because the metal rims around the pics were too heavy for cardstock. The circle metal frames are actually frozen orange juice container tops that I washed and glued pics in. I wanted a lot of numbers on this layout so I included some vintage text about numbers and the new Luxe pattern paper that just happened to have a my DD’s birthday on it! What luck! I cut the heart out of felt and hand stitched it.


Pattern paper: Luxe and vintage text
Ink: Ranger tea dye,
Chipboard: Heidi Swapp letters

Other: Luxe transparency (frame behind the pic) Acrylic paint; Golden glaze; vintage lace; red felt; embroidery floss; vintage button; frozen orange juice lids

My bio is up at Bad Girls! It was a fun one to write because we had to divulge the good, the bad and the ugly so it is more interesting than the basic bio and resume synopsis. You'll probably know a little too much about me when you've finished reading it. Enjoy!

3 comments:

Rachel said...

OH I AM IN LOVE WITH THIS! You are so creative hun!!! I just dore all your work!

hugs
Rach
XOOX

Becky said...

This turned out great Bethany!

Staci Taylor said...

You are rockin' the Luxe girl, wonderful LO!