Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Luxe Bracelet

I made this bracelet using an old packing tape roll that I saved when I moved, some acrylic paint, a new Luxe transparency and some transparent buttons. It was a fun project that didn't take too long.

And another view.

This is what I did. I painted an old packing tape ring with acrylic paint. Trimmed
a Luxe transparency (new at CHA!) to fit. Painted various arrows with acrylic on the tranparency and adhered it with Ranger Glossy Accents. (The painted side of the transparency is glued down.) The buttons are Foof-a-la adhered with Glossy accents. The only tricky part was making sure that the buttons didn't slide as the glue dried. What I did to prevent this was to put the bracelet on the top of a cup (not around it) and worked on a small section at a time. Another way to beat the scoots would be to tape the buttons on using masking tape until the glue dries.

1 comment:

Staci Taylor said...

This is the coolest idea ever, Bethany! I love it!!