Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Chugga Chugga Choo Choo

I heard some coordinated noise coming from the family room as I fiddled at my scrap table and decided that if all four of them were conspiring together, I'd better check out what exactly was going on. I came out to see this.

It was a train of sweeties. A bit closer, one can see the inherent chaos held in check by sheer will power.

And then there was a changing of the engine. This involved a bit of last minute instruction. And a little nervousness in the littlest car. How would the new driver take on his responsibilities?

Ahhh, and we're on our way again. He seems to be a useful engine after all. Thank goodness.


Today is Z's birthday. We began the day with pancakes and presents. Went to swimming lessons then headed to Target for the traditional pick-your-own-present-with-your-birthday-money. This tradition started with C's birthday this year as Okie Dokie Grandma (T's mother) gave C some money. He enjoyed purchasing a few things so much that T and I decided to give each child a small sum. As Z was choosing what to purchase, D and I were showing her anything that we thought might interest her so that she could make an informed decision. Finally, after she found what she loved, she said, "Mom, you keep showing me stuff and it just makes me not know what to choose. I want to go home with the toys that I have now." So we did. Lesson learned by me.

Tonight birthday dinner will be eggs and bacon followed by dirt cups with worms. Everyone is very excited especially me since I won't have half a cake left over to finish in the next few days. Someone needs to eat it. I can't throw it out, for heaven sakes.

Happy Birthday sweet Toodles Magee. I love you to bits.

1 comment:

Lori said...

LOL at the train pics! That's pretty darn cute! I'm intrigued by what 'dirt cups' are though?