Sunday, January 20, 2008

We're on the Move

We've had quite the busy week. We bought a new house, packed up half of our old house, cleaned and scrubbed, painted and fixed and put our house on the market. Whew. Just writing all of that makes me fatigued. But I'm also very excited and ready for a new adventure. Of course, my feelings are bittersweet because it is hard to leave a place where we have many friends and so many ties, but we really feel that this is a good move for our family. I haven't allowed myself to get too sentimental yet. Partly because I'm so anxious about selling in this stinky market and partly because I've been a whirling dervish. I can't stop wiping and cleaning and tidying.

Because these next few weeks are going to be so busy, my posts will be a bit skimpy. However, I'm still creating and meeting deadlines so I will post projects as time allows. And I'll keep you updated on my personal quest for home cleanliness.

I must thank all of you for your sweet comments and all of your support. I'm very humbled that you enjoy reading my random ruminations on art and life. So thank you, all of my friends old and new.

1 comment:

Shanne said...

I am thrilled for you, but sad for me. I hope you know how much you and your family are loved. I really admire you and appreciate how friendly, inclusive, and funny-as-heck you are.