Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Heart Sessions with Rebecca Sower

Rebecca Sower is hosting heart sessions on her blog. In order to participate, you need to post a handcrafted heart along with lovely words. I love this idea and immediately wanted to participate. Imagine hundreds of blogs all linked up with hearts. Isn't it wonderful?

Here are a some heart projects that I've completed over the past few months. I hadn't realized how much I use hearts in my work until now! It's funny how you don't even know your own work until you see it as a body.

Directions to make this piece can be found at The Next Step.
 

Directions to make this piece can be found at The Next Step.
 

Directions for this layout can be found here.
 


These tags are part of my Home album.



You can read more about this layout here.
 


To close, I'd like to leave you with a few quotes that I find inspirational. I hope you do too.

To love someone is to see a miracle invisible to others. 
(Francois Mauriac)

Be strong, go with your heart, and believe in miracles because anything...anything can happen. 
(Marlo Javidando)

Have a wonderful day!

xoxo
Bethany

17 comments:

Unknown said...

beautiful projects with great inspiration. thanks for sharing.

Juliana Michaels 17turtles said...

definitely inspired to try adding more hearts to my LO's and projects!

Erika M. said...

Your heart creations are amazing!

Blooberry56 said...

oh, i love the hands! those are super neat! thanks for the inspiration!

Becky said...

That layout with D's hands is still one of my favorites.

One of these days I am going to make it back into my studio...right now I'm in a creative slump and I'm just riding the wave rather than trying to force it to happen...sigh. :)

erin said...

i remember your hand layout, one of my faves!
thanks for sharing it again!

ANAT S said...

great inspiration
the layout us amazing

red or gray art said...

bethany i am here from rebeccas heart session..yours are stunning, each so unique!

melissa said...

Oooh how I love your hearts!

Here's another beautiful quote to cherish:

“Take my love,
for love is everlasting.
And remember the truth that once was spoken;
to love another person
is to see the face of God."

~ From Les Miserables

Helen F. said...

Wow, beautiful projects, so unique. Love the heart Lay Outs!
~thanks for leaving such a sweet message on my blog :o)

Diana Martin said...

Love your heart projects, simply gorgeous!! xo

natalea said...

these hearts are all so gorgeous! I especially love the first one!
xox

The Tiquehunters Wife said...

I enjoyed all your heart-creations-am so inspired!
With Love from the Cabin,
Claudia O.

Jessy Christopher said...

Love all the heart creations you made!! Everything is just so beautiful. Your details are amazing B!!

Peggy said...

All of the projects are beautiful Bethany! I especially like that last LO, I hadn't seen that one before, must have missed it somehow. I'm sure I would have remembered it, it's quite unique-looking!
xxx Peggy

Shemaine Smith said...

Ohhh I love your quotes!! Hey there friend, amazing stuff going on here!

Tia said...

The first piece is totally speaking to me :) Thanks for the link, which I've bookmarked so I can peek a bit!