Thursday, September 3, 2009

All Your Heart

I thought over the next few days that I'd chat a bit about each of the layouts that I did for Marks Paper Company.

All Your Heart
was the last layout that I completed, but it is my favorite because of the big flower.


I cut the flower out of the pattern paper, curled up the edges, sprayed it with water then dried it with a heat gun to give it some stability. Then, I heat embossed the edges using Judikins silver embossing powder and a Versamark pad. For a little more sparkle, I dipped my finger into Mod Podge and spread it onto the flower. Then I dipped my finger into Making Memories silver glitter and spread it over the glue. The photo doesn't do the prettiness justice.


My journaling is a quote from Buddha.


I also heat embossed the edges of the pattern paper after I distressed them. I love this look! The butterflies are actually from lace ribbon. I cut them out individually.


Materials: Pattern paper is Marks Paper Company; Fontwerks stickers; Jenni Bowlin stickers; Creative Imaginations stickers; dry wall tape; Core'dinations cardstock; lace; vintage buttons, embroidery floss; letter flashcard from Target; Ranger paint, text

3 comments:

Jeni Boisvert said...

I'm really liking that gray/red combo! Love the big heart Bethany!

Vel said...

Wow, your work is so amazing!

Debbie said...

Beautiful layout and thought-provoking quote. I love both!