Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Secrets and a Ballerina Girl

Hello Friends!

I'm back from vacation and trying desperately to get back into the swing of things. The kids and I flew to Cape Cod for a week to spend time with my family. Then, we met Todd in Utah to spend time with his. We had loads of fun in both places and I have so many pictures and stories to share with you.

I haven't processed all of my pictures yet so you'll be getting bits and pieces of those stories over the next few weeks.

Until then, I thought that I'd share a few projects that I did for our newest challenge at The Next Step. This month is all about sewing on paper.

I did a lot of doodling on the first layout of my mother-in-law and baby Q on his blessing day.


Materials: Bazzil cardstock, American Crafts pen, sequins, black paint, machine and thread

Here are a few close-ups. I love how that little bird turned out. Love his laced-up shoes. (giggle)



A few swirls. (One of my signature doodle moves.)


I sewed a few sequins on here-and-there. They are hard to see in this picture because they are clear.


My next project is one of my favorites. I didn't have a set plan except that I wanted pink to be the dominant color as it is E's signature hue. I just kept pulling from my stash until it felt complete.

Materials: 12x12 cardboard from packaging; doily; watercolor paper; Making Memories paint, KI Memories paper; American Crafts thickers; Prima bling; Heidi Swapp large photo corner; gesso; machine and thread; various papers from my stash; lace; Imaginesce bling flower; paint chip; sheet music; tulle bow from a gift package; Ranger distress inks; Making Memories paper punched into tag; vintage buttons; Prima flower; JudiKins stamp; 7 Gypsies brad; charcoal pencil, mod podge

I developed this tag journaling technique because I think that a layout is incomplete unless it has some sort of journaling, but the design of the page was a bit full.


The pink paper with punched circles is actually water color paper that I painted and stamped and messed with until I loved it. Then, I put in on this layout and covered it up. (giggle)


It's good to be back. I missed you all.

4 comments:

Michelle LaPoint Rydell said...

Your work is soooo beautiful and inspiring! I love the little bird with the laced up shoes too!

Thanks for visiting my blog!

yyam said...

I love them both Bethany!

Your doodling is awesome! I'm sure it looks even better IRL! I loooove the pink layout! Fabulous layers, tiers of sweetness! :)

joan said...

These are both wonderful. and SO different. Your talents are expanding! The numerous layers are perfect and I really like how you used everyday things, like the music sheet and paint chips. They look like they belong! Still missing the beach. Love you muchly - Mom

Taj White said...

I did a black and white layout a few months ago for Scrap n Art's, it was my DT work. I did tons of doodling too. Love the photo and the cute little chick