Wednesday, July 29, 2009

The Next Step and GCD Studios

This month on The Next Step, GCD Studios generously sponsored us. Here is what I did with their Rockets Red Glare line.


My mom took this picture of C a couple of years ago. I just rediscovered it in my stash.

Here are a few close-ups of my stitching.


And my title work. I painted and stitched around my letters.


Next, I decided to alter a few composition notebooks into journals for some special 8 year olds in my life. GCD's paper is perfect for this type of project because it is the absolute perfect weight. Not too heavy to make the journal bulky, but heavy enough to give it substance. I love it.

Here's one for a girl.


One for a boy.


And one last one for my sweet baby.


Today we went to the water park with friends. I chatted with one of my bestest buds, Becky, while the kids had a blast playing in the spray. It was a lovely morning. Now, I'm feeling creative and ready to tackle a layout that has been giving me fits. Hopefully, I can reign it in and complete it today. I'm itching to break into my newest box of My Little Shoebox goodness. I just received the Little Ladies line and I absolutely love it. It is way cuter in person. In fact, the pictures do it no justice. It is just awesome. Seriously. Can't wait to show you.

xoxo
Bethany

3 comments:

iris said...

Those notebooks are so nice! And I love your title work here!

Graziela Fortes said...

Thanks for your comment at my blog. I really appreciate it. I really love all your work!!! XOXO

Mireille said...

my goodness
I am in love with the roaring boy!
I have one in that age myself now.. =)
Thanks for the inspiration!