Thursday, March 11, 2010

Surf's Up at My Little Shoebox

There's a lot going on at My Little Shoebox right now! First, we're having a name-the-baby contest. You could win some of those cute mini-alphas. I seriously love them! Also, MLS was in Kristina's picks at 2Peas this week! I must say, I totally agree with her choices. (giggle)

Here's is my newest layout using the Away We Go line by My Little Shoebox. I mainly used the B-sides of the papers for this one. I absolutely love the colors on this line. Blues, yellows, greens and reds. A slight twist on the primaries. It is a great line for boy pages and funky doodles.

On Surf's Up, I was able to combine 4 different photos by layering them. If you've got a spread with many photos, this is a great way to get them all onto a page.


Materials: My Little Shoebox pattern papers, Uniball pen, colored pencils, Cosmo Cricket Star, Target ribbon

Surf's Up is also an example of minimal supplies having a maximum impact. To make a great layout, you don't need tons and tons of stuff. (Although I do enjoy piling it on too.) All you need is a couple of sheets of pattern paper with a great color scheme, a pen and some type of coloring agent. (I used colored pencils.) Of course, a strong visual triangle helps the design. You can see how I did 3 green circles with red insides for my visual triangle. You can also see how I balanced the strip of blue with a little tag of blue at the top. I also balanced my very large black title with my journaling.

Here is a close-up of my journaling.



Here are a few close-ups of the papers and doodles. Notice that my doodles are made up of basic shapes that anyone can do. I just layered them in an interesting way.



Have a great day!

xoxo
Bethany

10 comments:

BlessedinTexas said...

I love this layout and I love love doodling!! You are so sweet....thank for stopping by my blog and for your sweet comment. I am going to check out MLS..I bought some of alphas last week at our new and awesome scrapping store here.

So where do you live for all the surfing? We love swimming but are spoiled to the blue pool, ha. We did the beach thing in the Hamptons where some of my family lives and Demi really didnt care for it, kind if the same feelings she had when we went to Playa for my sister's wedding.

Anyway, big plans this weekend?

Okay so I wanted to know if you had one piece of advice for moi that would help me achieve one of my goals this year - TO BE PUBLISHED? tia

Have a great evening,
Diana

Jocelyn said...

Love this LO....the doodling is just adorable!!!!

What great pics.....

Wishing you a great Thursday!!!

Amy said...

WOW!! This is an AMAZING LO! I love all the color and the photos are fabulous! I love how you layered them! Great job!!

Ciacchina said...

bellissimo, allegro e colorato!

erin said...

very cool, bethany. and i totally agree, a little goes a long way. now, if only i could scrap that way. LOL

erin said...

very cool, bethany. and i totally agree, a little goes a long way. now, if only i could scrap that way. LOL

Casey Wright said...

What an adorable LO - I love it!

Marit said...

It's an awesome layout and it has a good balance!!! I love that you think about that, and explain it on your blog! Your title and doodling is gorgeous!!!!

Anonymous said...

How is your handwriting so perfect??? Stinker! The colors just pop off the page! Kind of ready for beach weather :)

Peggy said...

Oh you know I love doodling, so it won't surprise you I'm totally loving this LO!
xxx Peggy