Monday, March 15, 2010

The Silhouette SD: Digital Cutting System Review

Today my review of the Silhouette SD went live at The Scrap Review. I had so much fun playing with this machine! If you are looking for a cutting system, you need to check out my review before you purchase. (Since they are a major purchase!)

I'll be chatting about my layout later this week, but here are a few projects that don't need to much explanation.

Here is a card that I made using flowers cut into various sizes, sprayed with Shimmerz Vibez and stacked. The swirl was also cut out using the Silhouette, stamped and sprayed with Shimmerz Spritz. (Both the flower and the swirls were cut out of basic copier paper.)


The Congratulations sticker is from SRM.


Now for a cute project that my girls are absolutely ga-ga over. (BTW, Old Navy kid's shirts are on sale right now!)


Isn't it beautiful? It took a long time to place all the rhinestones, but the happy smiles and refusal to remove their precious shirts at night make all that time a labor of love.

Next, I made a mini-art quilt using a dress form that I cut out from copier paper, sprayed with Shimmerz Vibez and sewed to a piece of muslin sprayed with Shimmerz and stamped. The heart is also a piece of muslin that I sprayed with Shimmerz. Can you tell I'm loving the Shimmerz? (giggle)




I've never etched glass before, but I attempted it for this review. It was amazingly easy. I was a bit worried about the whole chemical reaction thing, but it turned out to be painless. I've got plans to etch the bottle that I keep dish soap in. Won't that be pretty?


Have a great Monday!

xoxo
Bethany

2 comments:

erin said...

oh what fun!

Kristi Wodek said...

love, love the dress form. I wanna try this technique. Thanks for sharing. I need to go try it.