Tuesday, January 26, 2010

My Bookstore

As you may have noticed, I've been working hard on my blog. Trying to make it more a reflection of me. I'm currently reading Blogging for Bliss by Tara Frey for inspiration and I'm quite dizzy with new ideas. One new thing that has my feet all dance-y is my very own bookstore! See it there on the right? It is just below my new Search This Blog feature. I know! How exciting! I simply adore books and now I can share them in a nice organized way. I hope that you enjoy this feature as much as I do!

Right now, I've got three categories up: Arts and Crafts which contains my favorite craft technique and inspiration books, Fiction for the Family which contains my favorite stories that are safe and fun to read aloud to the family (meaning there is nothing that would cause you to get all red-faced and stutter-y or that would cause violent nightmares in the very young) and Great Fiction which contains all my favorite mom books (these would be considered boring to my children, but they still won't have you all red-faced and nightmarish) Of course, my bookstore isn't all inclusive and I'll be updating it frequently so be sure to check back every so often.
 
Also, if you have any wonderful books that you think belong, please let me know. Keep in mind that I'm a very sensitive girl. I watched the pilot episode of Lost this weekend and was so afraid that I unthinkingly brought my hands up to my face to shield my eyes, smashing my glasses into my nose and giving me a cut on my noggin. Certain people call me intense, but I prefer to call myself wonderfully imaginative. Needless to say, we will not be putting the next disk of Lost on our Netflix's cue. (giggle...) So, if you have a book that is violent or causes blushing, please keep it on your own shelf because it will put me in a dither. (giggle...) Oh, and I'm not a big romance fan. They make me giggle uncontrollably and therefore do not help me relax after a long day of childcare.

Now, onto my unfinished piece from my Petit Dolls class taught by Suzi Blu. I highly highly suggest this class. I'm learning so much that I can't even believe it.



Can I just tell you that I simply adore her nose? I think that it might just be the best nose in all the world. Isn't it lovely? Let's just admire her nose for a few minutes...

She still needs a lot of work, but that's the whole point of works-in-progress. They are a bit like the ugly duckling that just needs a bit of time. I'll be sure to post her again when I've finished. I've never posted a WIP before because...well...usually they are so awkward, but I figure I'm among friends. And friends can handle awkwardness without too much embarrassment. Right?

5 comments:

Melanie Stanczyk said...

I almost took the SuzyBlu Class! I just couldn't press the pay now button. So, is it really helpful and full of how-to's?

You blog's lookin' cute!

Juliana Michaels 17turtles said...

I love your project! Just stopped by the SuzyBlu blog to check it out! I would love to ask you some questions about it if you don't mind. I'll get to you about it on FB!

Marit said...

Wow,wow,wow.... that nose IS adorable!!! Great piece!

Anonymous said...

Oh my this is so beautiful!LOVE it!
Have to check out your book store...but I'm a reader of thrillers so maybe a little bit to scary;)

iris said...

Bethany this is so pretty! SHE is so pretty!Hmm I think I will try to take this class. You really are an inspiration! Hope you are well too sweetie! Oh I saw your food post and scrolled down immediately! haha. desperately trying to NOT have sweets on a daily, per meal basis hehe.