Sunday, December 6, 2009

Special Delivery: Just for Fun

Last week, I just felt the need to play a bit. I had some new 7 Gypsies papers and some new Shimmerz and I wanted to do something just for the fun of it. It's been awhile since I just sat down and created something totally for me.

Special Delivery is the result. I absolutely love it.


Materials: Pattern Papers, journaling tag, flower, stickers; metal circle: 7 Gypsies, background paper: My Little Shoebox; Hambly transparency; Graphic 45 die cut tag; GCD Studios paperclip; Jenni Bowlin "Read this" sticker; Maya Road leaf; Shimmerz Spritz in Mudpie and Sapphire, Shimmerz in Gold Glimmer; Bazzil cardstock; text page; lace; Ranger ink; Sharpie pen; Stampers Anonymous Stamp; Heidi Swapp letter mask

Here is a close-up of the Spritz. I combined colors. I first spritzed with Mudpie, then while it was drying, I spritzed with Sapphire. The result is a new color. Isn't that fun? (I just posted this tip on the Shimmerz blog.)


My journaling is about Lyssie's crazy hair. It is half straight (in the front) and half curly (in the back). It is wild and free and I adore it. My father always tells me that my hair looked exactly like that when I was 2.


I hope that you had a lovely weekend! We certainly did. This Saturday was the first open Saturday we've had in months and we loved the freedom! T and I combined forces and almost completed our Christmas shopping online, T mowed the lawn and we (as in the kids, not T and I) had fun playing on the swingset and relaxing together as a family. Sometimes having nothing to do at all, is the best therapy!

Plus, thanks to my awesome brother and sister, T and I went out on a date together. It was so fun. We went out to dinner then to Borders to hang out. I hit the magazines and the mixed-media/art section while T looked at the sports section. We met up in the cafe and read to our hearts' content. (Well, not completely, but there isn't enough time in the day to read to our hearts' content...) I learned all kinds of new techniques that I'm dying to try out. Fun fun!

xoxo
Bethany

4 comments:

Jocelyn said...

Love this LO....so many perfect details....and I love the use of the Shimmerz and the result of using two colors!!!! AWESOME!!! :-)

Marit said...

STUNNING!!! And the photo is so sweet.... wow, lovely!!!

Unknown said...

The Shimmerz looks fantastic!! Gorgeous LO too. Lyssie is adorable!!

Theresa Merkling said...

Love your projects - tried to subscribe via Atom but rather than offering me a sign up link, it wants me to save a file... any chance you could check the link and let me know what I'm doing wrong?

Thanks!