Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Blessed and Lucky

Last Friday was our 10 year anniversary. So our wedding has been on my mind. In light of that, I scrounged through wedding pics and came across one that I hadn't scrapped before because, well, it isn't a very good one. It is one of those pictures that was snapped in haste, from behind. It is uncentered with a cluttery background. Yet, despite its flaws, it perfectly captures a private moment of pure happiness. On one of my most perfect days ever.

I made this layout using that picture.


All pp is American Crafts; American Crafts Thickers; American Crafts slick writer; MM paint; Paper Studio buttons; Prismacolor colored pencils; thread and machine; masking tape



Journaling: Over the past 10 years, there have been happy times and sad times, but at all times, because of you, I'm Blessed and Lucky.


I cut those Chinese-lantern-looking circles out of the pattern paper, adhered them and sewed down the middle. Then I raised the edges just slightly to give more dimension. I also used sequin waste as a stencil with paint to add a little contrast to the masking tape frame.

The abundance of white space in this LO makes me a bit nervous. I normally like to fill everything up with doodles, but I forced myself to tone it down and let the picture and the journaling take a bigger role.

On a personal note, I appeared on ScrapScene today! I always feel so famous when that happens. Really exciting! Also, this month I'm guest designing at Create My Keepsake. I haven't gotten my kit yet, but when I do, I'll post my layouts as I finish them. Each day I run to the mailbox in joyful anticipation. Maybe today? Their May kit is totally my thing: bright colors, fun embellies. I can't wait to get cracking!

15 comments:

Lucy Edson said...

Love this photo, Beth, it is so joyous!! The design really draws your eye right to the center - love the stitched circles!

Congrats on the guest spot at CMK!! And Scrapscene, too!

redmom said...

Ok that is such a cool page!! Love how you used those circles!!

Aihara Ramintessah Sanchez said...

All I can say is you are a genius!Love your design and creativity here hun!

Jess said...

those circles look fabulous! love this layout so much...thanks so much for playing along this week!

Anonymous said...

Wow, this is really fantastic! Love those circles!

Becky said...

Love it, Beth! You look gorgeous in the photo, by the way :)

Love the white space and I love how you are just churning out the LOs lately! I am hoping to get my crafty mojo back in a few weeks when this baby comes...

Unknown said...

Gorgeous LO and congrats on MORE good news!!!

Pat said...

Great design & I love the stitching.

Amy said...

This is just awesome all the way around!

Donna said...

wow...you do some of the coolest most creative layouts. And I love your color choices. Thanks for sharing.

Barb said...

Oooooh, I love this! What a creative genius you are! :)
Congrats on winning the AC challenge too. Enjoy your prize... I won a prize from them a few weeks back, and they are VERY generous. :D

Peggy said...

Oh, such a unique-looking LO. I love your creativity!
xxx Peggy

erin said...

what a beautiful layout.
happy belated anniversary!

Jessy Christopher said...

Brilliant LO!! Love the circles and how you stitched them :)

Marit said...

It's amazing what one can do with "crappy pictures" It doesn't look crappy at all!!! Love this LO! (And you look sooooo happy, it made me smile!)