Thursday, April 9, 2009

Thank You Sakura

I was recently the winner of a pack of Sakura's new Moonlight gellyroll pens thanks to a challenge at Creative Therapy. When she sent the pens, Linda (at Sakura) asked me to make a card for them. So I did.


I used some Autumn Leaves alpha stamps and colored them in with the moonlight gellyrolls while holding a very wiggly baby boy. (Sometimes, you just gotta create when inspiration strikes...) Luckily, this was a very easy card to complete. I love the vibrant results! Aren't those colors lush?

However, I wanted to do something more because Linda was so sweet and sent me an extra set of purple shade gellyrolls. Just because.

While I was making my card, I found that the pens were extremely juicy. Delightfully so. Like a sweet peach in summer. (However, the pens have no nutritional value whatsoever. Just so you know...) I wondered if they would work on fabric too.


They do.


And so the mini-fabric quilt was born.


The first quilt (4 1/2 x4 1/2 in.) was made with the Moonlight pens. They were the best because of their juiciness. The second quilt (5 x 7 in.) was made using the purple shades pens. The package consists of three different shades of one color. They aren't quite as juicy, but the subtle difference in color lends to some cool effects. Unfortunately, online you cannot appreciate the sparkle that is in the "however long the night" part. Too bad. I guess we'll all have to pay Linda at Sakura a little visit. Very soon. (giggle...)

I sent off all of these beauties today. I do hope they arrive safely!

4 comments:

Becky said...

Fantastic! I am always in awe of your doodling and lettering skills!

Love the fabric squares :)

Lucy Edson said...

Woohoo!! You went all out with the pens, Beth!! So fun and creative - I love it on the fabric!! I will have to take a different look at my pens now! :)

Unknown said...

that card isjust gorgeous Bethany-
so are the quilts-and I love how your journalling looks like patterned paper on the 2nd First day LO!

Unknown said...

Those pens look totally delish! You did a fabulous job with them!