Tuesday, March 10, 2009

First Attempts

I'm taking an art journaling class right now and I thought that I'd share my very first pages. I'm not totally happy with the way they turned out, but like walking, art takes practice.

This is my very first page ever.


This is my second page. It began as a wipe-off place for extra paint from my stencils and brushes.

I did this for a challenge on Creative Therapy on something that you do for yourself everyday. My thing is solitude. Everyday I need some time alone in my studio to create or I get a little testy....just a little...okay, a lot.



I'm totally loving this new art form! I can't tell you how much I'm learning as I fiddle around, paint, spray inks and generally let all inhibitions fly away. It is really fun.

2 comments:

Becky said...

Can't wait to come play tomorrow morning...I'm also hoping to find some time to scrapbook tonight in my all clean and organized "studio"! :) Good week for me!

Love the birds and many other things on your art journal pages...

Lucy Edson said...

So glad you played along with us at CT this week!! I love your journal pages - I feel like I am learning to walk, myself! ;)

Isn't it amazing how the paint splatter one turned out!! How cool!