Friday, March 6, 2009

An Angel

I haven't been posting much art lately because life has impeded my creative process, but I did finish this piece. I really experimented with paints for my background.



I am also experimenting with incorporating my sweeties' hands into my pages. Here I traced E's little hands and sewed around them to give them more texture.


That heart is electrical tape. It is pretty sticky stuff so it wasn't easy to cut out! Oh, and those circles are pieces of yarn left over from a rug making kit from ages ago. (No, I don't throw anything away, ever.)


Materials: gesso, MM paint, 7 Gypsies color wash, Basic Grey paper, Stampington art paper, American Crafts pens, dry wall tape, electrical tape, Ranger distress inks, Maya Road pink flower, Prima lace and white flower, vintage buttons, Heidi Swapp ghost shapes, Fashion Jewels

3 comments:

Kathryn Johnson said...

I love this layout! THe stitched hands is a fabulous idea. I'm blown away by all the textures! Beautiful!

Unknown said...

Amazing page! Love the stitching around the handprint...there's just so much here to inspire!

Lucy Edson said...

This is beautiful, Beth!! I love the stitched hands - I will have to lift this idea, for sure! Still so soft and sweet even with all of the layers and texture, you will have to tell me how you do that. ;)