Monday, June 23, 2008

Good day

I've had a great day today. First, I received my Somerset Studio and my Cloth, Paper, Scissors magazines. Then, my doorbell rang and there was my package from Miss Paper Jane. They had a major sale on Cosmo Cricket products and I stocked up on some chipboard shapes and albums. I also got a few papers that I can't wait to use! So I'm pretty excited. The sweeties are making major advancements in swimming. D treaded water for 50 seconds today and Z swam in the deep end without help. C did a few bobs in the deep end and has overcome his fear of getting his face wet. Yeah! And, to top it all off, I stopped at my favorite fruit and veggie store and found some delish blackberries on sale. Yum. (We'll be having a little blackberry shortcake thingy tonight with a slice of pound cake, a bit of lemon glaze and fresh blackberries. Watch out Rachel Ray!) I accidentally went over my cash limit by $5.00 and was about to put things away when the owner told me just to pay her next week. It was so nice. So I'm feeling pretty good.

I am also taking the acrylic paint class at Scrap Friends over the next 4 weeks. If you haven't visited Scrap Friends, it is an educational messageboard that offers free (work at your own pace) classes. I believe that paint is one of my weaknesses so I figured I should start there. I'd love to have you join me! And, as if learning wasn't enough, there are prizes to be won once you complete all the assignments. What fun! I'll be posting my projects here as I complete them. Leave me a comment if you decide to take the class too. I'd love to see your creations.

Here's an assignment that I completed for Luxe this month. They recently released it so I'm free to share here. I used loads of Luxe products on this layout and I also used some of a Dozen's kit that I ordered last month. After I put this layout together, I just felt like something was missing. I left it for a few days and finally figured out what it needed: circles. I outlined some of the background paper and put some circles on my title clock. It just pulled everything together for me. Just so you know, this feeling of dissatisfaction happens a lot when I am creating. My solution is to just let it sit on my scrap table and allow my subconscious to mull it over. Usually in a few days, I am able to right whatever my inner artist thought was wrong. That is why I always start on projects early. I like to give myself time to perfect.


Journaling: My favorite time is when I see you happy and smiling. I love it when your silly side comes out! 4.08
Pattern paper: Everything is Luxe except for the pink strawberry origami paper that was in a Dozen’s kit.
Ink: Ranger black soot
Pens: micron
Ribbon: Luxe (white and aqua); unknown yellow ribbon
Rub-ons: Luxe (title and on photo)

Other: Luxe Jotters; KI Memories blue lace; Bam Pop fish, Prima flower, Paper Studio button, embroidery floss, vintage fabric from Dozen’s kit; Stickles; sewing machine and thread; stapler; bee from Dozen’s kit

1 comment:

The Mom said...

Hi there!!! Long time no see!! Just wanted to say hello and love your layout!!