Friday, May 2, 2008

American Crafts

I did the following projects for Scrap Friends review of American Craft's Spring & Summer line. The pattern paper, ribbon and chipboard shapes are all by American Crafts. I stamped using a Fancy Pants vine stamp and added the flowers as decoration. The ribbon on the left brings everything together and provides a border. My blue soufflé pen came in very handy with all the doodling which I colored in using my white uniball signo. If you look closely, you will see that I used my soufflé pen to outline the chipboard and to give it extra dimension. If you do this, just make sure that you give the ink enough time to dry and it will look beautiful. I also incorporated some American Crafts foam alphabet thickers that coordinated perfectly with the colors in the line. I love how this layout is so fresh and fun.

Journaling: Lyssie, I'll never forget the kiss that you gave me the other day. I was carrying you downstairs and whispered, "guess what? I love you," in your ear. You looked at me in the eyes and planted a big wet kiss on my lips. Precious love.

With all the ribbon I received from the review, I decided to make Sweetpea a pair of fancy flip flops. The flip flops are from Old Navy and all the ribbon was double-sided American Crafts.

If you do this, experiment a little with how long you want the tied ribbon and then cut it all at once. After a bit of cutting, I simply tied the ribbon onto the handle part of the flipflops. You can use a drop of glue, if you'd like to make the ribbon stay better, but I was hurried and decided not to.


And voila! Finished project! Aren't they adorable?


Posted by Picasa

No comments: