Friday, May 2, 2008

A Measure of Wisdom

After making those ribbon flip flops, I had a bunch of empty ribbons spools that were just begging for some creative altering. So I created A Measure of Wisdom.
I placed circles of pattern paper on either side of the spool and decorated using American Crafts chipboard, Heidi Swapp letters and Prima flowers.

I measured and cut 2 strips of white paper to fit the inside of the spool where the ribbon was originally. I glued the two strips together and wrote various quotes on the long paper. Then I glued a small piece to the spool, attached ribbon to the edge with staples, making sure that it was thick enough that it would stay wound-up.

This one is intended for Toodles.

And here is what the spools looked like prior to altering.

Posted by Picasa

No comments: