Monday, May 19, 2008

Preschool Graduation

Today was a big day in Arizona as this girl graduated from preschool. (Yes, her pig-tails are terribly crooked and yes, we were going for the Princess Leia look. I may be pretty good at papercrafting, but I fail miserably in the hair department. It is one of my endearing failures as a mother.)

She was very proud as she got up to accept her trophy and certificate. I was proud too. And like all graduations, it took place outside and it was at least 100 degrees. Mr. Moonie and Snukie and I were a bit melty, to say the least. I thought that is was a fine moment despite having lost about 10 pounds in water weight, however.

I also have two layouts from my Tinkering Ink Thistle Hill review that I did for Scrap Friends to share with you. The first is of one of my favorite little dudes, although he would take great offense to hear me call him little. For some reason, the quality of these photos isn't great. I'm obviously going to have to work on that.

Journaling: Cameron, I hope that your attitude toward swinging is evidence of your attitude toward life. On the swing, you always want me to push you higher and higher. There are no limits. I want you to remember that in life you are only limited by your own imagination. So soar high kid. 3.08

Techniques: doodling
Cardstock: Bazzil
Pattern paper: Tinkering Ink Thistle Hill collection
Stamps: Bam Pop
Ink: Black StazOn
Pens: Uniball Signo, zig
Buttons: Paper Studio

Other: Chipboard Alpha: Scenic Route; Chipboard shapes: Basic Grey; acrylic paint


And the second is a picture that my mom took a long time ago of my Grampy and my little sister Jo who will be graduating from high school this week. Congrats LK! I can't believe how the time has flown. Isn't that bonnet hilarious? And I think that the Tinkering Ink people held my Grampy's plaid shirt hostage when they designed that paper. Isn't that amazing? In order to make that journaling card, I took a vintage postcard, sanded it down and flipped it on its side. I must have spent 30 minutes flipping through different cardstock colors before finally agreeing with this green.

Journaling: “It is surprising how much of memory is built around things unnoticed at the time.” (Barbara Kingsolver) This picture just captures much of my summer childhood memories. My grampy wearing his usual plaid shirt, watching one of my brother’s baseball games holding my sweet little sister Jordan. I love this picture. It just makes me happy.

Cardstock: DCWV
Pattern paper: Tinkering Ink Thistle Hill collection
Stickers: Tinkering Ink Thistle Hill collection
Ink: Ranger Tea dye
Pens: Faber Castell
Buttons: Paper Studio
Ribbon: unknown

Other: photo turn: Basic Grey; alphabet: American Crafts; vintage postcard and playing card, staples, thread and sewing machine

I also visited a friend, Megan today who has completely inspired me to decorate my house and to organize my studio. I just love her style probably because it is exactly my style: a little mod, a little vintage, eclectic, and colorful. I am totally nabbing her when I go shopping again. And as soon as I complete my studio (give me at least 6-9 months) I'll share photos. In the meantime, I'll just keep on making a major mess!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats, Z! I'm good with haircutting and styling. I wish we lived closer, so that I could have done your "do" for this special day!
Great design and layout, B.
Loved seeing the pic of other relatives, too! How can J be graduating?
Suze

Shane, Meg, CJ, RJ, and AL said...

Wow. I feel so famous that I got such a kind mention! You are very sweet. You made my day by coming to visit. As you can see, I don't get out much and some days it just kills me. So thank you. For real I am so excited to hang out with you more. You are awesome!

Megan

PS - and that little C-boy of yours just about melted my heart when he told me he wanted to come back to my house again sometime. What a heart breaker!

okiedokiegma said...

A big pat on the back for Miss Toodles McGee! Now onto the fun of kindergarten! No matter how the hair is fixed, the girlie underneath is very special! Lots of love from "Dokie Gammaw".