Monday, January 14, 2008

Express Yourself

I just completed this layout for Itty Bitty Scrap Shack's January Challenge: Express Yourself in 2008. It will be used as my bio picture so I'm really glad that it turned out well. I used a kit from Bad Girls (given to me by Big Man!) as well as some goodies from my mamacita including the beautiful lace that she made herself. Isn't she talented? She also took that awesome photo! I did quite a bit of distressing which I so enjoy.

Journaling: Something happened to me in college. I lost myself. I had a few defeating experiences that made me forget what I was capable of. It took me years to remember. But I do now. I am capable of greatness. Never again will I limit myself. 1.08
Fortune states: Accept no other’s definition of your life, accept only your own.
Techniques: Distressing, stamping
Pattern paper: DCWV background paper and title paper; Creative Imaginations Wonder Woman paper
Stamps: Little alpha: Post Modern Design; Big B: Stampotique; Monogram builder circle around B: Paper Salon; Swirl and heart: Fancy Pants; Background Alpha: Stampers Anon
Stickers: 7 Gypsies gaffer tape; Creative Imaginations circle
Ink: Ranger Black Soot, Antique Linen;
Pens: zig
Other:7 Gypsies brads; lace made by Joan Kolbaba; large flower and leaves from joggles.com; Fortune from cookie; sandpaper; Queen card Design Originals

This week is another busy one. I just got a kit from Paper Posies that I am just thrilled to work with. It is amazing. If you haven't seen their stuff, you better run over there now! I am very impressed with the quantity of supplies and the coolness of the kit. I'm off to create!

2 comments:

Broe said...

These words are true for many people. Thanks for sharing, this is great work!

michelle said...

This is awesome. Really love your work. I just got my paper posies, too! cant wait to play!