Sunday, November 11, 2007

Sunday Silence

I'm home today with Snukie as we are both battling disease. Big Man convinced me to rest this morning and after heated debate, I stayed home and read while Snukie napped. It was just what I needed. I already feel better after lying in silence for about an hour. I'm partaking of In the Time of the Butterflies by Julia Alvarez for the second time because I'm running the December discussion at book club. Normally, I don't like to reread because I see so many books out there that I feel it a bit of a waste of time to read the same one twice. Yet, whenever I do, I derive immense enjoyment. On second readings, I peel away the outer layer of the novel (the plot) which is my focus on my first reading, and dig deeper. I can enjoy the mingling of the words and pick out symbolism and when I look closely at the fabric, I can see those individual threads that the author has so lovingly woven for me. It is beautiful. I'm going to do it more often.

1 comment:

Kaitlyn said...

I hope you are feeling better!