Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Arizona Gardening

Last week I went on and on about my garden so this week I thought that I'd share a few pictures of said garden. It is starting to get hot so there won't be much more time for me to politely brag before everything gets tired and brown including me. (Can you see my sad face?)

I hope that you don't mind indulging me a bit....

Here are a few of the beautiful blooms that are delighting the entire family. (How I wish we could have you all over to sip tea and walk around the garden during the cool hours of the morning! It is my favorite time of day.)



This rose, I must say, is the one of the most beautiful things I've ever seen. It is about 5 inches across and smells heavenly. (According to Cam, my 7 y/o, it smells exactly like bubblegum. So there you have it.)


This yellow beauty was a surprise visitor this year. He started growing all on his own. (I suppose he arrived in the package of wildflowers that I planted dumped randomly in various spots while I was hugely preggo and then had baby Wy and promptly gave up the tedious watering schedule 2 years ago. Yep, 2 years, that's all it took.)

Welcome sir.

Of course, my vegetable gardens leave a lot to desired in the floral department, but they are just so prolific that my heart swells when I glance their way. I simply cannot wait for the artichokes to start producing!


A few tomatoes that Quinny (my busy 3 y/o) checks weekly to see if they've "turned red yet." He was especially good at keeping tabs on the 2 measly strawberry plants. I think that he probably ate about 90% of the berries. (Which means he had about 4.)


Thank you so much for indulging me! I'm glad I could share my garden triumphs with you.

Next week, I promise I'll get back to artwork. I've got a new piece to share. Think beautiful spring/summer blue sky and you are on your way to guessing the subject of my newest large mixed-media artwork.

Oh, and I'm currently taking a couple very fun Suzi Blu classes that have me using beeswax and drawing adorable little girls. I'm addicted to these cuties! I can't stop. My little girl pieces are quick and little and whimsical and I'm wild about them. I'll probably share these newbies in a couple of weeks. I've got a series going and I'm too focused to stop. That, and I need to master the beeswax thing.

Until then...

Happy Creating!

xoxo
Bethany

3 comments:

Daniele Valois said...

I adore drawing little faces now! And oh my that garden, my hubs would be so jealous. I can't believe how big it is so early!!! can't wait to see your new piece.

Unknown said...

Wow, your yard looks great. The garden look like it is doing well. Enjoy those garden fresh tomatoes!

Kristin said...

Ohh, beeswax! Nothing smells as good. . . thank you for your kind comment and for sharing your garden with us. Your flowers are gorgeous (what could be better than bubble gum roses?) and that garden! I want it too! Enjoy the bounty, xo