Monday, March 29, 2010

Messy Bessy

Lately I've felt the desire for simple in my scrapbook layouts. It could be because I've been taking on bigger more time-intensive mixed-media projects. I'm not sure, but last week I sat down with the very cute new line All a Flutter by My Little Shoebox and came up with Messy Bessy.

My friend, Sara Jarvie (my family photographer) took this pic of E. I love it.


Materials: Bazzil cardstock, My Little Shoebox papers and sticker letters, Uniball signo pen, Prismacolor pencils




To make this layout, I simply punched out circles of pattern paper, adhered them in two very straight lines. (I even used a ruler.) I added the heart, butterfly and flower for dimension and interest. A little doodling to balance out the black of the title finish it off. Very simple. Exactly what I wanted.

This week I have family visiting for Spring Break so I'm going to spend every free moment I have with them and take the rest of the week off of blogging. I'll be back again next week.

Have a great week!

xoxo
Bethany

12 comments:

erin said...

oh hands down, one of my faves you've created!!!
love love love this bethany!
happy day!

Mandy said...

just beautiful...sometimes simple is best,...i am with you though...really enjoying doing some mixed media projects, so doing some very simple pages for a freinds scrapbook...take care and enjoy your family...xxx

Marit said...

I LOVE your graphical layout ... you call it "simple" but it isn't simple at all to create such a balanced page! Gorgeous!!! Have a nice, happy and sunny week with your family!!!

Jocelyn said...

Oh I love the SIMPLE....I think you have inspired me to make a simple LO!!!

Enjoy spending time with the family!!! See you next week!!!

Unknown said...

Fantastic layout!! Enjoy your week. :o)

Ciacchina said...

bellissimo LO!!!

Lis said...

fantastic! that little face says it all. i love this layout :)

Rae said...

That is just too cute!

sarah said...

totally LOVE this one!! :) it's GORGEOUS! :)

hugs,
sarah.

Donna said...

Bethany this is such a beautiful page. Don't you just love how colors pop when placed on a white background and how black and white photos give you the freedom to use whatever color palette you want. This page is so lovely...thanks for sharing.

Sara Jarvie said...

so fun that you used a picture from soo long ago. I really like the simple design it does really pop.

Crafty P said...

loved this page! I lifted you today in our layout a day challenge! thanks for inspiring me! http://www.flickr.com/photos/craftypumpkin/4620800408/