Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Glittered Vase and Flower Tutorial

Alaina asked me for the directions for this project.

That she saw here.



In this awesome magazine. I seriously love all the projects in it and I highly suggest it for your inspo-library.


All of the directions can be found in the article, however, I know that it isn't always easy to get a hold of Stampington publications so, I thought that I'd give you the directions as I submitted them. Especially since Alaina wanted them for a possible wedding centerpiece. (I'm so flattered!) Planning a wedding is a major ordeal and if I can make that process just a little easier, I'm game. Good luck sweetie! Oh, and I totally want pictures when you have a chance.


Hand clean and dry an empty soap dispenser. (I used Method brand soap available at Target. By the way, it will melt in a dishwasher. I figured this out the hard way.) Spray with Elmer’s Spray Adhesive, coat with glitter. Repeat until you have the coverage you desire. If you are having problems with extra glitter falling off, push the glitter onto the dispenser while the adhesive is still wet .You can also spray the entire piece with a clear gloss. (This will dull the glitter, however.)


To make the flowers, punch out eight hearts and one small circle out of Stampington Artist Papers using Creative Memories punches. (If you are using double-sided paper, you only need 4 hearts.) To make the flower petals double-sided, adhere the wrong side of two hearts together. Repeat for the other three petals. Ink the edges using a Colorbox pad. Adhere the four double-sided hearts in a flower shape to the wrong side of the circle. Adhere a vintage button to the center top of the hearts. Take strands of floral wire and thread them through the papers and through the buttonholes leaving long tails for the flower’s stem. Twist the floral wire tails together for the stem. (One end of the wire will go up into a button hole and down into another.) Look closely at the first picture if you are confused.


A ribbon bow covers up the threaded top of the soap dispenser.

If you have any questions, please let me know and I'll be sure to answer them as soon as possible!

No comments: