Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Where I've Been

Goodness me. I just disappeared from the blog-o-sphere didn't I? I apologize for my invisibility issues. The end of school is such a busy time for me that I simply slipped away in the tide and I'm just now getting my footing back again.



I haven't had much time to create. With the laundry, cleaning, packing and unpacking, birthday celebrating, softball watching, occasional bathing and visits to the doctor for sick people, I've kept myself quite out of the studio. (Which for some reason has gotten progressively more disorganized, how is that possible?) I miss creating, but I needed a little break. My art was becoming a source of stress in my life and by letting it sit and percolate, the hidden joy has slowly begun emerging out of hiding.

This last week, we spent a few days romping around in San Diego. We had a blast on the beach.

Lys was totally in her element.


Dani was all smiles.


Zo adored jumping the waves with Cam.


Cam found an "eel."

This was the most still little Q was on the beach. He's a blur of activity.


Everyone was perfectly happy except for baby Wy who clung to me like a little whimpering chimp for the first few hours. He finally settled down and played happily in the sand.


We were able to fit in a day trip to Sea World before everyone came down with a nasty virus. Q was pretty sick that day, but we rented a stroller for him and he was relatively happy wheeling around. The kids enjoyed Sea World, but T and I were unimpressed. We won't go there again.



Unfortunately, that night, Cam and Lys came down with whatever Q and Wy had and were totally out for the entire next day. T ended up hanging out at the hotel with the sick ones while the older girls and I (along with crabby Wy) ventured to Old Town for some shopping. The day after we returned from our disastrous vacation, Dani spent a few hours in the emergency room with croup (she couldn't breathe and needed steroids to stop her whale-sounds) and Cam was diagnosed with strep.

Oh, and I haven't even mentioned the fact that the check engine light went on during our trip out. Six hours in the shop and a few grand later, we have a working car again!

Even though the trip was absolutely crazy, it was still fun to be together as a family. I know that we'll laugh about this one just as my parents laugh about the week that all the kids had stomach flu in Cape Cod. You're welcome mom and dad! (giggle...)

It's good to be back.

xoxo
Bethany

2 comments:

Daniele Valois said...

oh man, so glad you got through all that! Wow, and you seem so wonderfully calm about it! I have had a massive break from my supplies as well, and am just getting back to them!

No worries right! Happy week to you. Hope everyone is feeling better!

heidi said...

Wow! We were in SD about the same time. Did the beach, old town and Sea World, too. Wouldn't that have been funny if we were there the same time. Was just reminiscing with Julie about taking your classes and how much I miss them. I completely get the need for a crafty break. Took one myself earlier this year. Glad to see you are all happy and healthy! ♥Heidi