Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Spring Flower Artwork

The beautiful Arizona spring weather has inspired me in many ways. I'm spending every spare moment in my garden: weeding, planting, watering. Loving the fact that we have ripe sugar snap peas, burgeoning cauliflower and green tomatoes. The kids are picking the snap peas and eating them like candy. I feel an immense sense of accomplishment when I see those little plants thriving. (Speaking of both the actual plants and the little peeps that sometimes tend to them, of course...)

Don't even get me started on my wildflowers that I planted 2 years ago...they are gorgeous! Gorgeous! Next fall, I'm so planting more. I love them. (Can't you just imagine this photo as a mixed-media painting? The beautiful textures, the bright colors...Ahhhh....)



My garden has also inspired my recent artwork as I've created a few new large mixed-media wall-hangings of textural flowers. They were created with Canvas Corp 18x18 in. canvases and DecoArt paints and textures.

The first is Red Flower #6.








The second is Orange Poppy. I created the soft petals using Canvas Corp's tissuestock. It is one of my newest staples, I fortunately discovered it just before CHA. Wonderful stuff!





If you like these pieces, you'll be pleased to know that I'm currently working on creating prints, pendants and cards using these images. I'll let you know when they are available in my Etsy shop. Stay tuned.

The April edition of A Bit of Whimsy is scheduled to be published this week. In it, you'll find a sneak-peek technique video on the background of this piece...


And this month marks the beginning of the new quarterly drawing. If you haven't already done so, subscribe to be eligible for the drawing. I will never ever sell your email address and the newsletter comes out monthly so you won't be inundated with spam.




Also, make sure that you LIKE Creative Ruminations on Facebook in order to stay abreast of my newest happenings. A special thank you to everyone who already has. Let me know if you have a page too! I'll most definitely LIKE you back.

Happy Creating!

xoxo
Bethany

3 comments:

Redanne said...

Hi Bethany, how lucky are you to live in Arizona (where TH lives)! We are having Spring in the UK but it is cold and raining. Your canvases are beautiful, I love the vibrant colours. Thanks for stopping by my blog too.

Deb Neerman said...

WoW, these are gorgeous! LOVE 'em!!

Daniele Valois said...

oh, I have a little blog reading to catch up on! I love this orange flower, and that text. I don't know this tissue so I'll go look it up! These look just fabulous Bethany. I always love coming over and seeing what you're up to.

NOw, just a thought, I know you're a busy busy mom, but wondering if you ever go to any retreats? I am pondering going to Art and SOUL in Portland in October. More than pondering...I am really trying to go! Always fun to meet up with fellow artists, so let me know.