Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Happy Love

I'm sure you remember that my brother got married a few months ago. Since that time I've been inspired to do a wedding cake. At first, I didn't know exactly how to tackle it, but over a period of months, ideas slowly floated into my mind and just before Christmas I finally put them into action.

I had the loveliest time creating this Wedding Cake piece. It measures about 12x12 and is on piece of wood. I kept the colors light so that the textures and layers could take center stage.



The wedding cake part is created by layering, layering, layering: Paint, glitter, paper, die-cuts, DecoArt texture paste, and Crafter's Workshop stencils.


The heart was created out of paperclay and painted with Americana crackle medium and paints.


Finally, the whole shebang is finished with lace, beading and sequin waste.


Because I had such a blast creating this piece, I'm totally in love with it. I'm so doing this again!

Have a great day!

xoxo
Bethany

8 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

This is GORGEOUS Bethany! I love love love love the little hearts! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Ann Marie said...

Absolutely beautiful -- I'm a big fan of wedding cakes myself --- I love how you incorporated the paper clay heart (you and your paper clay!)

heidi said...

wow! wow! wow!

Jessica said...

Beth, that is really pretty! I wish I could see it in person :)

Shirley Pando said...

Love your stuff!!

thanks for visiting my blog...you must contact My Creative Classroom.

Becky said...

Wonderful!!! You never cease to amaze me :)

dining tables said...

This is pretty awesome! Love all the designs and layouts! Very cool!

TheaMinPA said...

beautiful cake - love the sequin waste and lace details! and oh that texture~!~!~! yum!