Monday, August 2, 2010

Zoey's Plaque

One of the Artistic Mother's Group assignments was to make a name plate/decorative plaque. I started this project with great gusto and peetered out when I lost inspiration. (Unfortunately, this is not uncommon. I recently dedicated an entire drawer to unfinished projects.) I found my inspiration again when I received a wonderfully enormous package from My Mind's Eye last week. I'm quite fortunate in that I'm guesting for them the entire month of August! Can you believe it? Pinch me! You can read my initial blog post right here.


After months of languishing in my drawer, I finished this plaque in record time. I love the energy that this piece exudes. It is perfect for my sweet Zozi.


All the papers, brads, chipboards and stamps (except the letters) are My Mind's Eye. Aren't they wonderful? Here are a few close-ups. (The entire piece is about 12x6 inches.)



Interestingly enough, once I glued down my picture and embellishments, I realized that the piece was unbalanced. There was simply no moving my elements so I glued a piece of black pom-pom ribbon to the left side to balance it all out. So, if you've made an error in the balance on your page, don't fret. Try adding something a little unexpected to the other side. It might just work. There is always hope.

Happy Creating!

xoxo
Bethany

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Fantastic...and I love that black pom pom trim. I think it was meant to be!

heidi said...

This is gorgeous!!!!!!!

RoseC said...

Congrats on your recognition by MME! I love that you have an "unfinished" drawer. It'd be fun to see a before and after picture - LOL!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhh wow wow wow!! this is GORGEOUS!! Congrats again on the GDT!!!!!! YOU ROCK! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Becky said...

Love it! And the black pom pom trim is really the finishing touch...it's one of my favorite parts.

Miss talking to you everyday at swimming! Let's get together soon :)

Stacy Cohen said...

This is beautiful! I love the mix of colors. Huge congrats on being a guest designer for MME!!!!

Peggy said...

Beautiful, and you know what, it just wouldn't look the same without the black pom poms!
xxx Peggy