Thursday, November 19, 2009

BlissFest 2009

A few weekends ago, I attended BlissFest in Mesa, AZ. I can't tell you how much fun I had! It was seriously great. I had initially heard about BlissFest from the 7 Gypsies blog and attended as a sort of experiment. Boy, I was pleasantly surprised.

First, I shopped until I practically dropped at Mystic Paper, one of my absolute favorite scrapbook stores evah. They have the coolest displays, wonderful collage ephemera, knowledgable workers. (Yeah, I like it there.) While I was shopping, I came across the Gypsies and got the coolest ATC tin filled with goodness just for recognizing them. How cool are they? It was really exciting.

Here are a few pics that I took at the event. It was a feast for the eyes, I tell you.



Isn't this color scheme just divine? That orange will be appearing in my work very soon.





We stopped by the Heather Bailey booth and picked up a few trash ties, chatted with Lindsay, her assistant. (Who looks so extremely familiar to me that I know we must have met previously. Somewhere.)



Aren't these girls gorgeous?



I even got to meet Heather herself. I can't tell you how tongue-tied I was when I tried chatting it up with her. I started talking and I just kept rambling on and on about the most inane subject! It was like the little guy in my brain that monitors what I say took a very inconveniently planned bathroom break as I began our conversation. Finally, when he realized what was happening, he rushed out, pants still at his ankles screaming STOP, STOP, JUST STOP NOW! But, alas, it was too late. I couldn't stop. I just went on and on and on.


As we were leaving, we came across this cute store named after one the finest little people around. They just spelled it wrong, but what can you expect?


After Lissa's, things got a little crazy as we did a little impromptu posing with a statue.


It was a really fun day.

5 comments:

Kendra@My Insanity said...

I was really tempted to go check it out, too. Glad you had fun! Maybe next time, I can tag along?

Unknown said...

This looks like such a cool event! I'll have to go next time.

Shane, Meg, CJ, RJ, and AL said...

Aaah! Wish I had known about this! Sounds truly Blissful! Love that Heather Bailey.

JgWM said...

Wow lOok like the girls had a great time!!!

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness...pure feast for the eyes...gorgeous stuff...i'm sooo jealous!