Friday, October 23, 2009

All Ready for Winter

It doesn't get too cold in Arizona so when it does, we really have to take advantage and wear our cool knit hats and scarves. I took this picture last year after the oldest 4 prepared for the freezing weather. I giggle at how wimpy they are when there is a slight frost in the air. (Keep in mind, I grew up in Illinois where it really is freezing.)

I made this layout using the My Little Shoebox Who Loves You line.


My journaling.


Once again, I'm dressing a bird. What is my deal? I think that I'm slightly obsessed. She is cute though in her scarf and skully. (Is that what you call those hats?) I love her wide-eyed, slightly surprised look, don't you?


Materials: My Little Shoebox papers, diecuts, chipboard letters, stickers, stitching.

Today, C, E and I decorated for Halloween. It was so much fun to see decorations that have been hidden for years. (Last year, I didn't decorate because a certain young Quinny's birth took up a lot of my free time.) As we pulled out witch hats, pumpkins and trees, it was like visiting with old friends again. Fun! I can't wait until the girls get home to see our work. I know they'll be thrilled too.

Happy Halloween Decorating!

xoxo
Bethany

5 comments:

Iris Uy said...

Bethany, that is one of the cutest most adorable layouts I have ever seen!

FamilyKolbaba said...

Halloween is one of the two holidays I decorate for, but with the move and the show I don't think it's going to happen. I'm very, very sad about it.

Vel said...

I {{love}} that birdy!

Peggy said...

oh how cute is this???? I so love it, and the dressed up bird is just adorable!!! Beautiful work Bethany!
xxx Peggy

The Rantings of a Drama Queen's Mum said...

That birdie is so cute. Great work.