Friday, June 12, 2009

Altered Pattern Paper

If you haven't already, you need to go to The Next Step to check out our latest challenge. I did the following pages for our month of Re-Doing Pattern Paper. All the directions can be found there.


My family has a serious obsession with ice cream. I did this page to document that fun and delicious tradition.

Here are a few close-ups of my doodling.


Yes, this page took hours to complete. With all the drying time and thinking time, I think that it was about 3-4 days of work. I love it though.


Materials: Luxe pp, MM paint, gesso, Bazzil cardstock, American Crafts Thickers; Luxe jotters; Basic Grey chipboard shapes, Heidi Swapp chipboard shapes; Heidi Swapp crown; little spoon; Prismacolor colored pencils, Sharpie pen; Paper Studio buttons

This picture I took of C last summer is one of my favorites of all time. Those eyes are amazing.


A close-up of my journaling.


And one of the star.


Materials: SEI paper; Tinkering Ink paper (flowers); Kaiser Craft paper (boy phrases); Heidi Swapp heart; masking tape; dry wall tape; Sharpie pen; Prismacolor Colored Pencils; atlas page; unknown manufacturer for blue transparency; black stars are from HS packaging; Basic Grey chipboard star.

When you visit The Next Step, be sure to leave a comment so I know you were there! Our next tutorial goes up on Monday.

3 comments:

Peggy said...

I'm in love with both LO's. Your work is amazing, I see new things every time I go back to take another look!
xxx Peggy

Anonymous said...

Thank's for your visit!
I already discoverd The next Step blog and now I see that those great lo's and tips are yours! I really love your work, it's very inspiring. I just started scrapping, so I like to watch orther, experienced scrappers!

xo Loes

Broe said...

I love the colors from this layout! It came together beautifully.