Thursday, September 4, 2008

Tinkering Ink Butterfly Album

A few weeks ago I finished this butterfly album for a Scrap Friends review of Tinkering Ink. I gave it to my sister, J. Here's a picture of the whole thing.


Since it is J's first year at college, I entitled my album: What I Wish I'd Known. It includes a bunch of quotes on self-esteem, happiness and choices. You can see the entire thing here in my review. I love how it turned out and it was tough for me to give it away. (Even though I love my J dearly!) I used alcohol inks to dye the acrylic pages and about 2 bottles of Stickles went to glittering the edges of each page.

When I picked quotes, I tried to find ones that were about the same length so that I could adhere them on opposite pages and not have weird overlap on the acrylic. It was so much fun to do!

Yesterday, I received a huge box of Luxe goodness including three of the newest lines. It is such a huge box that I haven't had a chance to go through everything yet! Totally loving Luxe! I can't wait to go through everything and get busy creating again. I just have to finish these Twilight books. I've got 1/2 a book to go. I've already skimmed a bit because I got a little impatient, as usual.

I also got my published pages back from Somerset Memories. It was fun to see them again. Like seeing friends that I'd lost. I was also happy that they hadn't sent any non-pubbed projects back yet. I guess they are still under consideration. Exciting. Maybe I won't be a one-shot wonder after all!

My mind has been mulling over a project for a Somerset Studios challenge entitled Sisterhood. I can't wait to get started. It will really be testing my artistic abilities as I've never done something like this before. It is always so much fun to start a new adventure, isn't it?

No comments: