Friday, July 4, 2008

Happy 4th of July

Happy 4th of July! We celebrated by going to a church breakfast, cleaning the house and I fiddled with my blog look a bit. See all those cuties up there? Love those happy faces! I can't believe there will be another one in just over 4 months. Where does the time go?

I've been working on many projects simultaneously and I'm feeling a bit scattered because of that. I really must learn to do one project at a time. And then clean up my table afterward. My goodness.

Speaking of projects, here is a sewing project that I just finished. Meet TreeBeard.

He is a variation of a pattern from Softies by Therese Laskey. This is a lovely book that everyone who enjoys sewing soft toys must own. And really, who doesn't love sewing something like a little tree? Or a tooth?

TreeBeard will reside on the couch in the loft along with the beautiful pillows that are currently languishing unfinished in my studio. Hmmm, I sense a terrible pattern here...

TreeBeard was wildly popular with the young man. They became immediate buddies. They frolicked all over the house until...

TreeBeard, while saving C from a fate worse than death, suffered a terrible accident. Take a look at his left eye (on the right side of the picture for those of you who did not take anatomy in college.)

Oh dear. Poor guy. Now he's in a pile of broken and abused toys waiting patiently for me to restore him to his former glory. It may be awhile. Alas...

1 comment:

Becky said...

P.S. Forgot to mention in my other comment that I love TreeBeard and your new header is absolutely adorable. :)

{yeah, I'm procrastinating and that's why I'm here for the second time in a few hours!}