Friday, May 2, 2008

Scrap Shanty's Sponsor Cosmo Cricket

My sweet Big Man knew how stressed I was about missing all my deadlines because of my computer issues and took matters into his own hands. He requested a laptop from work for the weekend so that I could finally upload all my pictures! Isn't he just the most wonderful thing? So I am uploading to my blog in hopes that I can transfer everything to the various galleries where they belong. (I am using a new photo software program and I don't know exactly how to adjust size like I do on PSE so I cannot upload directly into my galleries.) So the next few posts will be a bit strange as I am working like a maniac. However, they will be VERY art heavy so perhaps you will enjoy them after such a drought!

The first layout is for Scrap Shanty's April sponsor: Cosmo Cricket. I received the Honey Pie line of pattern papers and a few boyish rubons. This was a picture that I was waiting to scrap and I found these rubons to be perfect. I fiddled with the picture a bit by sewing with red thread, adding green stars and adding dots and outlines with my white souffle pen.

Pattern paper: Cosmo Cricket; gaffer tape: Scrap In Style TV; rubons Cosmo Cricket; white button: KI Memories; chipboard alpha: MM; acrylic paint, thread and sewing machine, souffle pens, stars: KI Memories; Post Modern Designs alphabet stamps; Ranger black soot ink, staples, unknown ribbbon

The second layout is much softer. The line was actually mainly papers that had a cross-stitch feel. I capitalized on that in this layout of my daughter with the soft ribbon, hand drawn title, lace and buttons.
Journaling: I see the hesitancy in your beautiful eyes and I just want you to trust yourself because you are absolutely amazing.
pattern paper: Cosmo Cricket; unknown ribbon, prima flower; buttons All Dressed Up; vintage lace and butterfly, embroidery floss; thread and sewing machine, Zig, Faber Castell and souffle pens, Ranger walnut ink

I am so sad to report that I will be stepping down from my design team position at Scrap Shanty in the next week or so. I have enjoyed my time so much on that site and will be forever grateful to Kim, Kat and Carrie for believing in me and giving me my first designing job. I have learned so much on this wonderful site so thank you to all my friends there!
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow Bethany, so much gorgeousness I don't know where to look first!!! Your work is Stunning, soooooo glad to see you blogging again!!