Sunday, May 19, 2013

Midnight on Pear Pond

I'm pleased to present the second piece in my new series: Pears, a Study in Shape.

It is entitled: Midnight on Pear Pond.

Midnight on Pear Pond measures 30x40 inches.
Here are a few close-ups.



I'm pleased with how it turned out. It is really different.

Just like Pear Possibilities, the finished product is far from my initial vision. In fact, I don't think that Midnight on Pear Pond really had an initial vision. I just kept trying to fix my mistakes until it finally morphed into something that I liked. Does that make sense?

I've got two more pieces in mid-create so hopefully, I'll have more to share next week.

Until then!

xoxo
Bethany


2 comments:

heidi said...

This is GORGEOUS! Love the colors. What do you use to create the texture?

Unknown said...

I agree with Heidi, this is a gorgeous piece! I love how unique it is, and I totally get what you are saying. I've been experimenting with acrylics and right now it's just one play session after another until I get something I'm happy with.