Saturday, February 19, 2011

Sweetest Gift

Cam (5) came home from kindergarten with a gift that he had chosen specifically for me from the treasure box.

Before I go any further, I have to explain that the treasure box is one of the most sacred things in Cam's heart. I hear daily updates on whether or not the class achieved a certain disciplinary status worthy of visiting and choosing a trinket from the treasure box. I also hear daily updates on what types of trinkets are available: plastic animals and gold medals being at the top of the list, pencils and tiny erasers at the bottom. (Rightly so, I might add.)

The fact that he chose something for me makes my momma heart melt into a puddle of pudding.


How precious is that?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh My Sweet Boy...sounds just like him. What a treasure for you Mom, knowing he picked something for you and not for himself. I think a couple of parents are doing the right things. Kudos to you and to Cam. LYTTTTTTTTTTTTTTM!

okiedokiegma@comcast.net said...

I just posted that first comment, but have no idea how or why it showed up as Kurtz.