Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Quick Tip Video #1: Creating Background Stone Texture

I've wanted to create Quick Tip videos for my bloggy friends for a few months and finally got to it! Yeah!

Just so you know, each Quick Tip video will be less than 5 minutes (hopefully less than 3 minutes) and will be something fun to add to your technique repertoire. I'd ultimately love to do a video a week, but I know that is unreasonable during this time of transition. So I'll commit to one a month until I feel like I've got a grip on life.

Sound good?

Without further ado, Quick Tip #1 is all about adding faux stone texture to your layouts.

First Day of Kindergarten illustrates my faux stone brick background. (I created this layout for a review of Crafty Secrets on The Scrap Review.)

Materials: Crafty Secrets stickers, DecoArt Sandstone paint in neutral beige, Crafter's Workshop template in brick, American Crafts Thickers, Bazzill cardstock






I hope that you enjoyed this video!

xoxo
Bethany

4 comments:

Jocelyn said...

OHHHHHHHHH I love this.....I so need to try it out...Where do you get the template?

What a wonderful LO!!!!

Wishing you a wonderful day!!!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Loveeeeeeeeeeee that lo!!! And loving how you created that background!!! GORGEOUS! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Diane said...

I sure hope that you will be able to continue these tips! This is a wonderful idea!
Will have to run to the craft store and see if I can find that template!

Ann Marie said...

Oh my gosh, I HAVE to get this today!!!! I'm with Jocelyn, where do you get that template? I so have to have this! Nice to see you back!!!