Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Pursue Big Dreams

Yesterday, the MLS DT appeared again on Pencil Lines! Yeah! Make sure you check out all the beautiful layouts. I'm always blown away by the designers on that blog!

I created Pursue Big Dreams, Not Small Realities using the sketch. The photo I used is from an impromptu photo shoot that Dani and I did for each other.

Materials: MLS papers and mini alpha stickers, bling, Petaloo flowers, text paper, unknown ribbon

This flower was a failed experiment for my Flower class. However, it worked beautifully on this layout. I was inspired by Julie Fei-Fan Balzer with the sewn pattern paper swirls.


My journaling was done on a failed ATC/paint experiment.


The butterflies were made by adhering punched out butterflies onto metal wire. For once, a successful experiment!


Have a great day!

xoxo
Bethany

10 comments:

Kristi Wodek said...

Loving the layout and how you made a success out of some pieces that didn't quite live up to their original expectations (hate to say failures). Now I need to go check out the layouts you mentioned!

erin said...

you are such an artist! LOVE your work!

Mandy said...

really gorgeous page...love it to bits ...xxx

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Gorgeous Bethany!! I loveeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee the colors and love love love love love love love the stitched circles! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Jocelyn said...

Just beautiful...love the butterflies on the wire and the journaling is PERFECT!!!

Marit said...

failures don't excist, you know that don't you Bethany! There's always a way to use those little "mistakes" on an other project as you beautifully showed here! I heard someone call it "flopportunities" once... LOVE your layout!

Jessy Christopher said...

I always enjoy looking at ur details! They are so lovely to see. What not to love bout ur layout, B!!

Staci Taylor said...

LOL, all your failures turned into one awesome layout, bethany! love the sewing details!

Taryn said...

Hey there. Gorgeous work on this layout, Bethany. The stitching is fab. Oh and I LOVE hearing about all your experiments! I think I spend more time experimenting than I do creating. Lol.

designingdms said...

I love your work especailly your dance layout!