Monday, December 21, 2009

Paperclay Santa

I know you've all been dying to see what I created in my paperclay class! (I know, it has been on your minds for weeks now...giggle.) I finally finished my Santa and I must say that I'm quite proud of the little dude.

First, here is a pic of me and Jenny Hernandez of The Polka Dot Pixie. She did a marvelous job teaching the class. I give her 2 thumbs up.

I know that it appears that I am 7 feet tall. I am actually 5'10 and I happen to be wearing 3 inch heeled boots. I'm really not a giant. Really.


Here I am working on my sculpting.


And here is the finished project! Isn't he adorable? Don't you just want to hug him?


Here's a close-up of his face.


Check out his stripey socks and his cute little elf boots.


A picture of his hiney. He's got nothing to hide. The glue was still wet when I took these pictures so that is why the mica flakes look more white than usual.


I had an absolute blast making him. I've got many more paperclay people designing themselves in my brain right now. So you'll be seeing a lot more in the future...

8 comments:

Becky said...

He is super cute! LOVE IT!

P.S. Where oh where is my Bethany-friend? Counting down until Wednesday :)

Anonymous said...

OMG you did an amazing job-i love it!

xoxo
sarabeth

Marit said...

One talented lady you are!!!! What a sweetie you made... please make more "paperclay people"... I ADORE this!!!

Jessy Christopher said...

B, you are such an artist!! I love the huggy Santa :)

Anonymous said...

Santa has never looked so stinking adorable! I am way impressed. Not surprised though :) Hope y'all have a wonderful Christmas.
Danielle

Dee said...

Oh my goodness - he's so cute!

Jennifer said...

Love him! How you did his trim and buttons and stockings really makes him. I do really like that paint too, you'll have to tell me again who makes it. tfs Jennifer

The Polka Dot Pixie said...

Woohoo! You did such a marvelous job and you have natural talent! Thanks so much for being in the class! I can't wait to see your next Paperclay creation!